This is last part of series posts describing how to install Sitecore Commerce 8.2.1 + Reference Storefront.
Part 4 – Installation of Commerce Engine
- without hesitation run dotnet restore
- after successful restoration publish those sources using dotnet publish .\Sitecore.Commerce.Engine -o c:\Deploy\Sitecore.Commerce
- create folder at C:\inetpub\CommerceAuthoring this is where sitecore commerce engine web app will reside.
- copy content of Deploy folder to CommerceAuthoring folder
- use No Managed Code for CLR
- use Integrated for Managed pipeline mode
- set identity to CSFndRuntimeUser (same as for commerce server)
App pool is useless without site so lets create one:
- create new IIS Site called CommerceAuthoring
- change binding to port 5000
- set physical path to folder C:\inetpub\CommerceAuthoring
Lets check if Commerce Engine application is doing fine by browsing http://localhost:5000/api/$metadata
If content is displayed its fine. It should just retrievemetadata from ODATA api.
Now you’ll configure Commerce Server Engine. At this point it does not contain any data. Before proceeding you need to register at https://sandbox.braintreegateway.com/login to get credentials for test payment gateway. Register and retrieve MerchantId, PublicKey, and PrivateKey values.
"$type": "Plugin.Sample.Payments.Braintree.BraintreeClientPolicy, Plugin.Sample.Payments.Braintree",
"MerchantId": "Your Merchand Id",
"PublicKey": "Your Public Key",
"PrivateKey": "Your Private Key",
Now its last time to check if our commerce server web services are available, because Commerce Engine will use them:
- browse http://localhost:1004/CFSolutionStorefrontSite_CatalogWebService/CatalogWebService.asmx
Back to Commerce Engine configuration check and fix connection strings in C:\inetpub\CommerceAuthoring\wwwroot\bootstrap\Global.json
Check and fix all connection string in C:\inetpub\CommerceAuthoring\wwwroot\data\Environment\*.json
Yes, its long and tedious but necessary.
Now if you’ll make mistake here, you’ll have to drop created Commerce Engine database and perform everything again, so double check connection strings and braintree credentials, backup config files. Bootstrapping will basically grab all those json files and push it into database.
Bootstrap Commerce Server Engine
In browser run :
Again there should be only good status codes in response messages.